We had a great workshop with guest teacher Dr. Marda!
Here are some of my favorite take-away tips:
Goal of Ayurveda
- Maintenance | Prevention | and…if needed…cure.
- We want to strengthen you to cure yourself.
Properly prepare first take rasayana, so that body best absorbs it
- Have channels empty
- Free circulation of V
- Haritaki pachana (cleaning)
- Rasayana substance taken as breakfast on empty stomach
- Follow with light lunch- milk & rice, or meat soup & rice
- Let the rasayana dravya act alone
- Then normal dinner
These were just some of my favorite recipes:
- Haritaki – this powerful little fruit is one of the best rasayana substances
- The best skin creme: ghee & beeswax
- Warm spiced goat milk for degenerative disorders
- The liquid on top of yoghurt (whey) for muscular recovery & building
- Garlic fried in ghee or followed by warm milk for mental & sexual stamina
- Cinnamon oil for toothache
- Cardemom for colds & respiratory disorders
- Licorice powder and amla oil as a hair tonic
- Coconut oil or ghee rubbed on feet before sleep- to wind down but also dramatically improves eyesight.