Turmeric is highly anti-bacterial, and I use a strong tea of it successfully in my home at the earliest signs of eye infection.
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon of turmeric powder to 1 cup boiling water. Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and remove all super fine powder particles.
- This turmeric /kurkuma eyewash tea should be no warmer than baby-bottle temperature. Check the temperature on your wrist before applying.
- Tilt the head so the affected eye is lower to gravity, so as not to infect the good eye.
- Using an sanitized eye cup, apply the strained turmeric tea to the affected eye. Move the eyeball around for several seconds.
- Repeat several times a day until the eye ecology is normalized.
If an infection persists, see your physician.